How to make the most of your soil type discusses how to identify and amend six garden soil types.
The Canadian Organic Grower's Organic Field Crop Handbook discusses The Soil Ecosystem.
COG article -Weeds: Don't Shoot the Messenger - what weeds tell you about the condition of your soil. If you don't know what weeds you have, Weeds Canada has photos + the common and latin names for weeds.
Penn State extension has videos and articles on soil management.
An online soil biology primer by Dr. Elaine Ingham.
Soil Beneficial Bacteria and Their Role In Plant Growth Promotion - an academic review
- delivery throughout Ontario
- many mixes including potting soil & worm compost
- One of the only companies focused on the biology of the soil. Comes highly recommended!
- Formerly Gro4 Organics
- delivery in their area, and can arrange for other areas
- $40 delivery fee for orders under $100, $20 delivery fee for orders over $100
- outdoor soils, potting soils, mulch, plants, etc. some organic options.
- not presently doing delivery but you can order and arrange a pick-up.
- selection of potting soils, indoor soils, coir, promix, organic options available
- all kinds of containers, pots and trays
- cubic yard bags and loose cubic yards of garden soil, compost, and mulch
- taking orders now for deliveries in April, note cubic yards cost around $130