Paris panel on YouTube
If you missed this event, a recording is now on TUG's YouTube channel
The public forum featured speakers from AgroParisTech sharing their successes at building support for urban agriculture and demonstrating the social and ecological benefits of growing food in the city.
Panel 1: How to build support for urban agriculture
- Christine Aubry: How AgroParisTech/INRAE supports public and private urban agriculture actors
- Taoufik Souami: Agriculture in urban development projects in Greater Paris
- Questions & commentary from local respondents: Jane Hayes & Anan Lololi
PM Panel 2: Food as urban ecology
- Agnès Lelièvre: Resource-use efficiency for sustainable city food systems. Lessons from two European programmes
- Giulia Giacchè: Urban agriculture as a source of ecological and cultural services
- Questions & commentary from local respondents: Lorraine Johnson and Emma Tamlin
This event was organised by TMU’s Centre for Studies in Food Security, Chang School for Continuing Education, Department of Architectural Science, TMU Urban Farm, TMU Global, and Toronto Urban Growers, with support from the Consulate General of France at Toronto.