2 ways to get food on the election table
Sustain Ontario's VoteON 2022 Good Food and Farming Ideas
Diverse regional experts from many areas of our food system worked together to identify Issues, Evidence and Action items to:
- Support Sustainable Farming: Enable Future Farmers and Preserve Farmland
- Bring Healthy Food and Food Literacy into Ontario Schools
- Support Community Growing
- Enable all Ontarians to Access Healthy Food
- Support Sustainable and Just Local Food Production
- Establish a Provincial Food Policy Council
Ontario Climate Emergency Campaign
Among other strong recommendations, OCEC includes:
- Invest in local, organic, regenerative agriculture and food systems.
- Prioritize and respect Indigenous sovereignty and autonomy.
- Urgently protect natural biodiversity.
- Leave no one behind.
Individuals and groups can sign on and use campaign materials to ask candidates what they are doing to combat climate change.