Introduction to Permaculture – Toronto, ONAugust 20th 2016. 09:00 to 05:00
Maybe you’re looking to cut your energy use and invest in solar or wind power. Maybe you’re imagining what it would be like to keep backyard chickens, start composting your kitchen scraps or grow healthy food on your front lawn (or a year-round garden in your passive solar greenhouse). Maybe you’ve even got ambitions of reducing water consumption, or living in an off-the-grid strawbale house!
If you’ve ever asked, “How can I create a sustainable livelihood doing something for the earth, something I love?” — or “How can I set up a small-scale farm?” — or “How can I harvest water or stop erosion?” or even just “What is permaculture?” this course is for you.
Permaculture is a completely solutions-oriented approach to addressing environmental, social and energy-supply problems. Discover your untapped potential for creating immense positive change starting at your back door!
Minga has partnered with internationally-recognized & award-winning Rob Avis from Verge Permaculture from Calgary, Alberta to bring this extraordinary opportunity to Ontario.
Verge has designed a six hour course to provide you with the tools to turn your home into the greenest home on the block – all the while saving money and making a super healthy, beautiful and inspiring environment for family, friends and community… and even launching the career move of your dreams!
You will learn:
- a few core permaculture principles, strategies and practical design tools for energy-efficiency, reducing water use, cycling nutrients, and growing food.
- how to create super-productive gardens, to the envy of your neighbours, that don’t require weeding or chemical fertilizing.
- how to create abundance and a thriving garden with rainwater, using neat techniques such as wicking beds and swales.
- a whole new practical philosophy of working with (rather than against) nature; a perspective that can save you thousands of dollars when it comes to designing and integrating the layout of your home & garden (in ways you never imagined)!
- additional design tools that you can use to increase the sustainability of your home and community.
- and much much more!
There’s no question that you will come out of this workshop full of inspiration and ideas for your garden, your home, and your life, just in time for spring!
*** Cannot attend this day? We are hosting the same workshop in Guelph on Sunday August 21st. Click here for more details.
Time: 9 am – 5 pm
Where: Location TBA
Three tier pricing
People Care ($75) - Includes registration for the in-person Introduction to Permaculture course.
Earth Care ($109 – 5% savings) - Includes the course ($75 value) and a copy of Bill Mollison’s book, Introduction to Permaculture ($40 value)
Fair Share ($179 – 25% savings) - Includes the course ($75 value), the book ($40 value), and Verge’s online Interactive Permaculture Primer E-Course ($129 value).
For more information, visit the E-course page here: http://vergepermaculture.ca/blog/events/pdc-primer/
***You do not need to register though Eventbrite. You can send an email money transfer to email@example.com or drop cash or cheque off at 28 Inkerman Street Guelph. “Fees” are excluded when paying this way.