FarmStart trainingJanuary 19th 2016. 07:00 to 08:00
FarmStart McVean Vegetable Grower Training Program and Farm Viability Webinars
1. The McVean Vegetable Grower Training Program
Start Date: End of January 2016
Time: 7 month part time program
Where: McVean Farm, Brampton.
Cost: $3150 / person
Description: This is a part-time, flexible farmer training program emphasizing small-scale intensive organic vegetable production methods.
A one of a kind opportunity:
* Convenient urban location – accessible by transit
* Part-time, flexible learning without interrupting employment or other commitments
* Small scale, sustainable, intensive farming methods
* Full growing season experience on the McVean Vegetable Training Farm in Brampton
* Receive your own free small garden plot to hone skills, experiment and feed yourself!
For more information & to download an application visit farmstart.ca
2. Farm Viability Webinars – watch from anywhere!
Webinars on financial literacy, price setting, accessing loans/financing, and accessing land.
What It’s Worth
In partnership with the Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network (ACORN)
Being a sustainable farmer is more than the farming methods you use, it also means ensuring you can stay in business regardless of your marketing outlet. Chris Blanchard will help you navigate pricing strategies to meet your customer needs and your farm’s bottom line.
Jan 19th at 7pm EDT
Cost: $25/webinar or $70 for all 4
To Register: This webinar is offered by the Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network . If you are registering for this webinar ONLY, do so at ACORN’s website http://www.acornorganic.org/. For more webinars by Chris Blanchard, join ACORN’s Winter Webinar Series. Other topics include Capturing and Organizing Data and Marking Horticultural Crops to Food Stores. Winter learning galore!
If you wish to register for all 4 of the FarmStart Farm Viability Webinar Series, Click Here
* Land Access Strategies